DC MOVES was established to identify and develop innovative and/or collaborative solutions to local human services issues. DC MOVES is intended to foster a “Made in Dufferin” integrated human services community.
Case for support
DC MOVES is a response to the growing awareness of the challenges residents face in navigating an increasingly complex and changing human services landscape in Dufferin County. These challenges can deter a person’s desire and ability to connect with an appropriate service provider and, in turn, create further challenges. To provide better service, all agencies and their staff must be equipped with local human service provider information, knowledge transfer opportunities and have the big picture of human services in Dufferin County.
For Dufferin’s human service agencies to come together, through a collective impact model that uses service systems management and integration opportunities, to benefit residents of Dufferin County.
To develop a unified human service presence, where both agencies and residents of Dufferin County are aware of local programs and services, and have greater capacity to effectively access them.
Benefits of engagement
Increased awareness of local programs and services
- Create a local human services community
- Participate in local human services planning discussions
- Share programs, progress, ideas and local strategies
- Identify and understand the impacts of service gaps
- Coordinate organizational knowledge transfer opportunities
Greater capacity to serve residents
- Align service provider mandates with community needs and available resources
- Create opportunities to partner and acquire funding supports
- Build collaborative approaches to service delivery
- Foster joint implementation strategies
- Increase agency capacity and profile
- Have access to shared training and staff development opportunities
- Use collective impact strategies to address complex social issues